The extended Economy Shock Absorber range now covers 80% of 5 to 10 year old SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen passenger car and Commercial Vehicle models.
The range consists of front and rear shock absorbers with 30 Economy Part numbers, (the equivalent of 113 Genuine Part numbers) with additional part numbers planned.
Main technical differences compared to Genuine Shock Absorbers:
- Cost savings are achieved through having fewer part numbers, using common damping rather than model specific, and by using materials matched to the requirements of older vehicles
- Economy Shock Absorbers must ONLY be replaced in pairs.
Economy Shock Absorber Benefits:
- A high level of part number consolidation has been achieved to cater for a wide range of vehicles with fewer part numbers
- Economy Shock Absorbers offer the same steering and cornering safety and stability, optimum traction and safe braking performance as their Genuine Part equivalent
- Economy and Genuine Parts components are fully compatible so that the vehicles ABS and ESP systems remain fully functional.