The extended Economy Brake Pad range now covers 80% of 5 to 10 year old SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen passenger car and Commercial Vehicle models.
The range consists of front and rear brake pads with 14 Economy Part numbers, (the equivalent of 34 Genuine Part numbers), with additional part numbers planned.
Main technical differences compared to Genuine Brake Pads:
- Cost savings are achieved through having fewer part numbers and by using a different material compound mix matched to the requirements of older vehicles.
Economy Brake Pad Benefits:
- A high level of part number consolidation has been achieved to cater for a wide range of vehicles with fewer part numbers
- Volkswagen applies quality standards on all Economy Brake Pads that go beyond DIN, ISO and legislative standards (ECE-R 90)
- Economy Brake Pads undergo an extensive practical test programme, including rig, vehicle endurance, comfort and fading tests. 15 vehicles travelled over 155,000 miles throughout Europe to test the first 6 part numbers
- The braking behaviour is no different from that of Genuine Brake Pads. The driver retains the familiar braking feel with the same braking characteristics
- Volkswagen Group recommends the intermediate plates are replaced at every brake pad change so Rear Economy Brake Pads come complete with four intermediate plates where fitted.